Montelparo

Montelparo_arte_sacra

MONTELPARO

Museum of Sacred Art

Palazzo Agostiniano -  L.go Marconi,5

Tel.: 0734/780141 - Fax: 0734/780167

E-mail: com.montelparo@provincia.ap.it

Web: www.tecuting.it/c044043

 

THE HEADQUARTERS AND THE COLLECTIONS

The Museum of Sacred Art of Montelparo preserves objects, vestments, candlesticks, crucifixes, belonging to various members of the Augustinian Order present in Montelparo since 1259. The Augustinian Friars, first having established themselves in the countryside, later undertook the construction inside the inhabited area around 1290. As a result of landslides and an earthquake in 1703, the friars rebuilt the convent in another part of the village that was more solid. Following the Suppression of the religious orders the Church and the Convent passed to the ownership of the Municipality. The assets were initially kept inside the Belfry of the Civic Tower of the Town Hall, then, on 18/7/1998, a special place was provided housed in the convent. Today the Museum is a testament to the wealth and importance that this Order had here in Montelparo.

 

Opening Times

Summer Time: from Mondays to Sundays from 10:00 to12:30 and from16:30 to 19:00

Winter Time: the museum is open by booking by telephoning the number of the town hall on 0734/780141

Free Admission

 

Montelparo

Permanent Exhibition of "Ancient Itinerant Crafts"

Ex Monastery Benedettino - Piazzale Bramante

Tel.: 0734/780141 - Fax: 0734/780167

E-mail: com.montelparo@provincia.ap.it

Web: www.tecuting.it/c044043

 

THE HEADQUARTERS AND THE COLLECTIONS

The museum displays a collection of bikes built to carry out the most diverse work activities. It is a private collection designed and created thanks to the dedication and perseverance of Mr. Lauro Lupi. It initially started as a traveling exhibition with 30 bikes, it now consists of more than 50 items. It is the description of a way of life of the years from the 1920s to the 1960s during which, talent, manual labour, strain and human strength emerge.

The bicycles are all fully functional, the same were made or transformed in the early 1900s to be used as real tools for itinerant working activities.

The bicycle was an important means of labour and transportation, as well as a recreational one. In the first half of the twentieth century this vehicle served the artisans such as blacksmiths, knife grinders, ice cream makers, to move around the territory and carry out their activities directly "at home" or in the streets and squares of different villages and cities. They were the "poor" crafts, sons of a poor world like that of the reality of the Italian countryside.

 

Type: private collection, Ethnography and Anthropology Art

Services: Guided Tours


Opening Times

Summer Time: from Mondays to Sundays from 10:00 to ore 12:30 and from16:30 to 19:00

Winter Time: the museum is open by booking by telephoning al number of the town hall on 0734/780141

Free Admission

 


©2016 Marca Fermana Via Oberdan, 1, - 63822 Porto San Giorgio (FM)
tel. +39 0734/221621 - +39 334 1412379 - e-mail: segreteria@marcafermana.com


©Tutti i diritti riservati - Credits