Montappone | Accommodation details
Since ancient times it was dominated by the very powerful family of the Brunforte nobles and always found itself in the influential circle of the town of Fermo. At the beginning of the XIV century the castle of Montappone was destroyed by Gentile da Mogliano and rebuilt in 1371 by the Montapponesi population. When the Regno d’Italia (Kingdom of Italy) was founded, the municipalities of Massa Fermana and Monte Vidon Corrado joined up with that of Montappone. When the pontificial state was reinstated Montappone became the seat of the governor of the district, transferred first to Falerone and then to Montegiorgio. In 1827 it had a Podestà (Chief Magistrate) with jurisdiction also in Massa Fermana.
Monuments and Churches
- Parish Church of S. Maria e S. Giorgio has a painting on canvas of the school of Pomarancio, “Madonna con Bambino e Santi” and a Cross with Reliquary of the XV century.
- Oratory of the Santissimo Sacramento, with XIV century portal in cotto overhung by the coat of arms of the confraternity; internally some XVI century frescoes amongst which the “Madonna with Child between the Saints Giovanni Battista and Giorgio” previously erroneously attributed to Vincenzo Pagani.
Recreational vehicle park:
Via PIetro Nenni, 10.GPS N 43°07'46'' E 13°28'09''
Distance from the city centre: 500 mt
Facilities: six AC power connection, street lighting,dump station.