Monte Vidon Corrado | Accommodation details
Monte Vidon Corrado sprang up in the Middle Ages in a strategic position, on the communication axis between the Tenna valley and the Chienti on a panoramic spur which dominates the territory from the Sibillini to the sea. Of that past remains the place-name, which refers to the “castle of Guidone” and later of “Corrado”, one of the sons of Fallerone, the first mention is present in a document dated 1229, when Fermo sought the coalition with the nearby castles to hold in check the will to expand of Rinaldo, duke of Spoleto; the medieval matrix however is extremely noticeable in the urban structure, imprinted in the ancient deep-set feudal castle, the polygonal walls of which, presently absorbed in later buildings, go back to the XIV-XV century.
Monuments and Churches
- Parish Church of San Vito, with internally XVIII century paintings of Monti, an intense crucifix of the school of Guercino and the little XVII century chapel of the dedicated saint, entirely in stucco.
- Church of the Madonna del Carmine
- Church of San Giuseppe - rural
- Church of San Liberato - rural
- Church of San Filippo
Museums and Art Galleries
Centre Studi Osvaldo Licini and House of the Artist
Piazza Osvaldo Licini n° 5
Opening hours: Saturday, Sunday and holidays
Other attractions worth visiting
- Osvaldo Licini Park
- Panoramic terrace
- Past and present; culture and traditions, genuine tastes, great sense of hospitality… a visit to Monte Vidon Corrado is to spend a pleasant time in a place where nature and man’s sensitivity have created a harmonious historical stratification.
Typical activities: Dinner in the piazza during the summer
Food and Wine: “Li caciù co’ la fava”.